Friday, November 13, 2009

Night out with Mommy and Daddy!

So yesterday I got a call from my mom (aka Nana) that Sean had called and asked her if she could watch the kids for the evening. I was in the dark, like usual when it comes to Sean and his plans. Anyway, after talking to Sean about what he had planned, we had come to a decision that we were going to see the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" at 8:15 pm. Except, it did not seem right to go without Aiden. So we both thought that it would be fun to take him with us. To make it more fun, I thought that when Nana got to the house to watch Kieren, I would surprise Aiden with the exciting news! But my night had to go perfect without him suspecting.


The first clue that I evaded: When I was taking a shower around 6 pm to freshen up, he comes in and asks "Mommy why are you taking a shower, where are you going?" I said, "nowhere, I am just getting clean to get comfy and cozy for the evening." PHEW!! That seemed to pass as an excuse since Aiden left it at that. Second clue that I evaded: "Mommy why are you putting on make-up?" "So I can look pretty when I go to bed." "But mommy, you're already the most gorgeous girl in the world...no need for you to put on make-up." (okay, so I made up the last part....LOL!!) Anyway, after running into some sticky situations and getting him bathed and ready to go (I put him in his pajamas, since I thought it would be fun and cozy to go see a movie at night like that) without any suspecting on his part, we made made it to the time when Nana arrived. He of course had no idea that she was coming over, and he was soooooo excited to see her. But then the unveiling of the surprise unfolded, and here is how it went:


2 comments:

  1. LOL! that is awesome! I think it's so funny he was like ey, Yeah I'm fine with staying home. hahah! soo friggin cute. Can't wait to you you guys. :) Thanks for posting that Trisha. :)

    ReplyDelete