Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hard times are common in Mommy-hood!

So this week has been a rough one. I tried to keep consistent with my sit-ups, and was punished
for doing so. In the middle of my exercise I had a sharp unbearable pain that caused me to get stuck laying on the floor for over 15 minutes. I could not move!! When I finally rolled myself into position to get up, Kieren started crying. I could not and would not go pick him up, so I just prayed that he would go back to sleep. Thank God he did :) I iced it and put heat on it, alternating every 15-20 minutes. Needless to say, it did not work and I could not lift my left arm above my shoulders. Let's just say the next morning, with showering, getting ready, and taking Aiden to school and swim (which I was going to bail on swim, until he threw a fit and demanded that he get to swim), was not fun and very painful! I made an appointment to see the doctor, and he prescribed me medication, but did not even offer any other form of treatment. Such as stretching or referring me to a massage therapist. Even after I told him that this was probably something that transpired from my dull ache in my shoulder for over a year now. So I payed $80 for the visit and another $60 to get medication that will help me momentarily, but not in the long run....ugh!! Go Health Care people and Drug companies....YOU WIN!! It has been 3 days since that happened, and I am still very swore :( But I am will figure something out.

Little Kieren has been full of temper tantrums and frustration lately. He is growing out of his morning nap, but there are days where he still needs one. The hard thing is, is that once I figure out he needs one, it is too late. If I put him down later in the morning he does not nap in the afternoon. And since mommy needs her breaks (to clean, do laundry, or just breathe), he has to wait. This however, causes a full morning, and lunch time, of screaming and crying. But on a good note, he is still cute as all heck! I know this is just a phase, and we will get through it with flying colors. Many more phases to come, I'm sure :)




2 comments:

  1. I love the way your blog layout is. Who did your template for you. I like how it goes all the way across the screen. First one I have seen this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the Minima Stretch template. I like it for the same reason you do. Just click on Layout on your blog and then click on view other templates and it should be there :)

    ReplyDelete